HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department is established to provide a versatile undergraduate training in agriculture to meet the needs of increased productivity required in creating opportunity for progress and profit in agriculture.
The main objectives of Agronomy programme are:
- Initiate and conduct demand driven basic and applied research in agriculture.
- Modernize agricultural production, processing, storage, preservation, and distribution by using environmentally sustainable technologies.
- Promote the integration of research with teaching and extension services.
- Engage in consultancy services in the area of agriculture and allied sciences covered by the Department.
- Conduct examination for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates and other awards of the university relevant to the Department.